Friday, October 23, 2020

Strength to Finish the Vision: Part 1

“Dear Lord, I haven’t been a really good sheep today, let alone a shepherd.  I’m tired, feeling a bit out of my league in knowing what to do.  I need your help.  Strengthen my hands for this task; give me wisdom so I cause no harm …” 

That’s the prayer I spoke first thing one morning as I tried dragging myself out of bed after a little sleep.  How can I do all that has to be done, with so many things being #1 on the list?  

Will I ever accomplish the vision that is in my heart when it keeps being lost in the daily grind of life? 

Thanks for joining us on Daily Favor Blog.  

Subscribe, read News from Fay, visit the Q & A or other sections.

Living off Prayer 

I’m pretty sure a prayer similar to mine has come out of the mouths of many people, especially this year.  Have you said something along those lines over the past months in dealing with frustrating changes and uncertainty in life? 

Just when things were starting to calm down something unexpected happened.  For the past two months we’ve been dealing with a virus epidemic among the pet population in the community that’s similar to COVID-19, but it’s not.  It’s been round the clock care in syringe feeding, IV and medication treatments with not enough hands to meet the needs of all the animals. 

As soon as it looked like an animal was getting better, the cycle repeated itself and spread to other pets.  We’ve never dealt with so many seriously sick animals at one time who needed such intensive care. 

It didn’t take much to recognize that this is the work of the enemy and was pushing us to the limits of our knowledge and abilities.  My early morning prayer was a plea for literal physical and emotional strength, not just to care for animals, but carry on with the vision in my heart and manage regular living (which seemed impossible at the time).  

Ministering medically to domestic or untamed animals can be exhausting. However, when it comes to cats … they’re in a category all by themselves and I think they know it!  They instantly turn into an octopus and you almost need full body armor to handle them.  I’ve been pounced, kicked, scratched, punched, bitten and knocked down, but not beaten!  

Parts of me may look like I was in a battle with an abnormal amount of scratches or bruises, but glory to God I’m getting a good upper body workout!  Plus, I’ve gotten pretty quick on my feet in chasing critters that escape off the examination table or IV cart!  

There’s no other way to put it than to say, we’d been living off prayer – ours and from others as spiritual food to build us up to keep going.  It wasn’t solely because of the strange unidentified spreading virus, but all the other things everyone needed to do in their daily lives that warranted just as much attention. 

The Weapon of Fervent Prayer 

Our faith was stretched and tested through this new learning experience with me stepping out to do things I’ve never done totally on my own before like syringe feed.  In the past I’ve always been the second set of hands that held an animal during feeding, cleaned or bathed them, prepared the special diets … you get the idea.  This time I was the one who needed the extra set of helping hands. 

If it wasn’t for the weapon of fervent prayer against the enemy, we wouldn’t have a prayer of winning, yet we did!  God gave insight to new methods and treatments so that everything that needed to be accomplished was.  In the end, more tears and prayers of thanksgiving filled the heavens than prayers of petition. 

Animals that were not supposed to make it did, surprising the doubters with how they literally came back to life!  Things got done for everyone, and I can’t really figure out when they did, but I certainly know how – through prayer!  God was faithful in answering prayers that had much more than finding solutions in caring for dozens of furry critters. 

“A righteous, godly man (person) regards (cares for and tends to) the life of his animal, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.” (Proverbs 12:10 NKJV) 

Throughout the weeks I noticed favor came into individual lives because of the care given in honoring God’s creation of animals.  It wasn’t what anyone planned, but we changed our plans when God allowed the situation to come into our lives.  He used the circumstance to bring people together that wouldn’t have ordinarily even known one another, in order to open doors for other areas in our lives.  That is so, so cool! 

Keep Going Anyway 

Has the devil interfered with the plans God has placed on your heart to pursue?  If so, I’d like to give you a word of encouragement to keep going no matter what is trying to come against accomplishing your vision. 

When you are praying for God to help in following your dreams, the enemy is going to do everything he can to stop it from coming to pass.  I once heard a prominent pastor say that every goal he has achieved over the years of his ministry, came with a battle and a huge fight with the enemy.  He also said that just when he felt he would give up God prevented the schemes of the devil from prevailing over his work and efforts.  His part was to keep going and not quit. 

The devil isn’t about to give up on his plans to steal, kill and destroy anyone who has a desire to follow after God.  He will do whatever it takes to get you to quit and walk away from living out your dreams and vision.  I’m encouraging you to stay in faith, believe what God put in your heart and keep going anyway – especially when things look impossible! 

God knows that there will be obstacles along the way to prevent us from achieving our vision, and that’s why we need to consult Him in moving forward to accomplish everything that He has for us.  He is the One who inspires the dreams of His children and has promised to help throughout the entire process of what He placed on your heart.  

The Lord wants to help, but cannot do that if we don’t include Him on a regular basis.  I know things may seem impossible right now, but with God all things are possible to those who believe.  

Sometimes living the Christian life can be hard and we’re not always at our spiritual best. God knows and understands our weaknesses.  He wants us to lean on Him when we’re not strong.  He will be our strength and friend to help us carry on, not humans as mentioned in the song written by the late singer Bill Withers.  Nice concept, but only the Holy Spirit can give us everything we need, every time.

It’s during our weakest moments that God’s power is revealed through His unmerited favor and grace. 

“But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you (all you need; sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully); for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in (your) weakness. 

Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 AMPC) 

Use the weapon of prayer against the enemy to continually live by faith.  Ask the Lord for the strength you need to keep going and finish the vision.  Hang in there.  Live with the peace of mind that your vision will come to pass in His timing, and it will be better than you could ever imagine.   

“The LORD will give strength to His people; the LORD will bless His people with peace.” (Psalm 29:11 NKJV) 

Until next time, pray for favored strength to endure!

“I will favor you with My strength and peace.” Jesus Christ  

Note: The words satan or devil are not capitalized deliberately, because we give him no place in our lives.  

Disclaimer: Article information is not meant to be used as treatment for mental or physical issues, but geared toward spiritual awareness.   

What’s New This Week: Click on book link below.    

The complete works of E.M. Bounds on prayer. 

Buy it on Amazon 

Favored1 on FacebookTwitterYou TubePinterest and Articles.    

Maybe you don’t know the Living God that I know, but would like to have this kind of favor in your life also.  Click on the above tab “Tell Me About Jesus” for more information on becoming a child of the Savior.  

Content and Image Copyright from Favored1. Do not copy.  Scripture reference was taken from the New King James Bible Version provided by Bible Gateway.  

Image credit: Google Images Creative Common License if not specified.  Image 1  Image 2
Disclaimer Notes: Results may vary due to lack of belief.
 

Labels Believe in God, Favored1, Faith, Daily Favor Blog, Wisdom, Patience, Favor, Strength, Endurance, Frustration, Testing, Promises of God, Prayer, Vision, Christian Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit very much. If this article was a blessing and helpful please share it.