Friday, July 12, 2024

Dealing with Life's Distractions: Part 4

Three Things that Make It All Work: 

Wisdom, Discernment
and Favor


My husband and I have learned that there are certain things that mesh everything you want to achieve together. We ask God for wisdomdiscernment, and favor in each goal making decision and we take this seriously.  

Everyone deals with the things I've discussed in this series including various errands and all it takes to keep a household going and we are no different in encountering these challenges.  Asking God to grant you wisdom, discernment and favor is key in not giving up on a dream, goal or vision when you feel like nothing is going right.  Using these tools from the Lord will help you reach any goal in life, despite all the distractions that sometimes take you off course. 

What I am about to share may not seem to be vision related, however, it does help us achieve what is important at any given moment, which includes living a goal-oriented life.

There are three things (specifically) that help us get through each day and difficult situations no matter how rushed, stressed or calm it is.  Each day we Laugh, Sing, and Pray together. 

I could not be more serious about this!  These three things have been the staple of our ongoing close relationship since before we were married.   When other things do not fall in place, these things keep you grounded and bring you back in focus.

LAUGH - We value each moment together and laugh a lot, I mean a real lot, especially if hubby is messing up on his speech in trying to find the correct word or phrase to say.  The brain bleeds affected his speaking abilities, and we work on this in his daily cognitive training.  

He knows what he wants to say, but as the day goes on his trying to say the right thing does not always come out the way it should if he is tired.  He automatically recognizes the mistake. In the past he would get angry or stressed out, which made it harder to say what he meant.  

Through training he has learned to slow down and ask the Holy Spirit to help him remember what he wants to say.  Sometimes it comes out quite funny.  Now he laughs and keeps trying rather than responding negatively or feeling defeated.

SING - Another thing we do is sing, mostly me ... all throughout the day!  I sing to God, to hubby, the pets, my plants, our stuff ... you name it, it has probably been sung to at some point!  I even sing to the cats when delivering their meals; it changes with the menu of course.

"I have some meat, meat, meat, for you to eat, eat, eat.  

It is some fish, fish, fish on the dish, dish, dish ..."  (There is more but I will spare you the rest.)

Singing happy, funny, or joyful songs literally changes how you feel instantly and it is actually biblical in maintaining joy, especially in trying times.  It may seem silly, but it makes me happy and cancels out any stress I have. Plus, the pets seem to like it.  I will save the songs about the cows and turkeys for their enjoyment.

PRAY - In no way am I disheartened that I "must do extra" work; I believe God's favor is on our lives and each day I see a walking miracle in my husband.  I am so blessed and prayer has been (and is) a main source of this entire process enabling me to see the blessings of God on our lives.

Praying together is something we have always done, but now it is different due to what has happened in our lives.  Each night we pray together and my husband prays over me in description: my face from eyes, mouth, teeth, ears, skin, breathing, hands, fingers, legs - you get the point.  He prays over specific points because he remembers certain issues that I have dealth with over the years like Bell's Palsy, skin cancer or trigger fingers.  

This may seem strange to some, but it stimulates the brain and helps his memory recover events.  He just started doing this on his own and when he forgets something he says, "Holy Spirit help me remember" and God does.  Part of my husband's goal (vision) is to do public speaking again, and memory is a part of gaining confidence that he will.  

There is no exact science as in how the brain heals, but we know that one of God's way is praying for others so that you may be healed.  If you are in need of healing, start praying for healing in someone else.

When hubby first started praying like this it was kind of funny and somewhat childlike, but as he continued day-after-day, I became more thankful that someone would even pray for me like that.

Distractions, rabbit trails or side roads to your vision are going to happen, there is no way of avoiding them. How they are handled will determine if you get through them or give in to them.  Learning not to be hard-hearted or stiff-necked about them will help you see things in a different light.  Asking the Lord to give you a discerning spirit will change the way you deal with each situation.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed (changed) by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12: 2 ESV)

When I get distracted, overloaded or tired at times, I am not burdened.  Instead I am extremely grateful to care for this man who has the love of God in his heart and loves me unconditionally, even if he gets my birthday confused with an anniversary or other holiday.  This is hard to do since I start reminding him every day a month in advance, but somehow, he did! 

No worries, I reminded him and he got a gift and two cards!  Granted, one was for our anniversary because he did not know what we were celebrating but this way he already has it.  I just need to find where he put it and remind him where it is when the time comes.

Do Not Be Discouraged

What does any of this mean in following my vision, dreams, or goals?  Should I scrap the goal and pull back on the vision God put in my heart when the distractions lead me away from it all?  Absolutely not, in fact, push harder!  

The enemy will try to use anything and everything he can to keep you from seeing your dreams manifested, and life's distractions are one way he uses to do that.   Scripture tells us how to handle these situations.  We are to live by faith trusting God to work everything out for our good and not give up, quit or run away in fear when things are not going as planned.

"Now the Righteous (those who trust in the Lord) will live by faith, but it he draws back (shrinks back due to fear or somethinge else), My soul has no pleasure in him." (from Hebrews 10:38)

No matter what may be distracting us from moving forward, we have to understanding these things happen.  By faith in prayer we are to expect that the "reality" of a situation will change into something good like God said it would in His plan.  

These (situations I am referring to as) distractions do not come as a surprise to God, but are lessons to learn from in reaching each goal. Do not be discouraged, but encourage yourself in the Lord.  (Read1 Samuel 30:6)

Always be mindful that God's plans for you are good, so if they are not at the time, it is temporary!  If what you see in the natural does not line up with what you have in your vision or goal, you have not finished yet - keep going!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you (they are plans for good and not evil), plans to give you a hope and a future.  

Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you." (Jeremiah 29:11-12 NIV)

My friend, God already knew all the life distractions you would encounter before you were born.  They do not change the good plans He has for your life, so do not quit dreaming or going after your life vision even if you are not where you want to be at the time. 

Instead, allow those distractions (set backs or delays) to teach you.  Learn and grow from their life lessons, then re-visit your vision goals. You will be surprised that you are right where God wanted you to be! 

Thank you for joining me for this series.  I pray that it has encouraged you in pressing on toward the high calling of God in reaching your goals and seeing your vision manifested.

Stay true to your vision and never, never, never give up no matter how many distractions there are or how long it takes.  Though it may take a while, it will surely come if you do not faint, give in or quit.  It is a promise of God!

"Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he (everyone who passes by) may be able to read it easily at a quick glance.

For the vision (dream in your heart) is yet for an appointed time (it will happen at the right time); but at the end it will speak (manifest), and it will not lie.  Though it tarries, wait for it, because it will surely come (take place).  It will not tarry (be late but perfect in God's time)." from Habakkuk 2:2


Until next time, Favored Blessings

My Goals Planner: Write the Vision Make it Plain Habakkuk 2:2
Undated Christian goal setting notebook designed to help you get
super clear goals and take action steps to reach them.

*For those who trust in Jesus Christ, God gives the promise of life here but also the gift of eternal life (in Heaven; a Kingdom that cannot be shaken) as an inheritance of being His child.  If you would like to have this gift also, click here to learn more.

Disclaimer: Article information is not meant to be used as treatment for mental or physical issues, but geared toward spiritual awareness.

Fay aka Favored1 on TwitterYou TubePinterest and Articles.  

Maybe you don’t know the Living God that I know, but would like to have this kind of favor in your life also.  Click on the above tab “Tell Me About Jesus” for more information on becoming a child of the Savior.

Content and Image Copyright from Favored1. Do not copy.  
Disclaimer Notes: Results may vary due to lack of belief.

Unless noted, scripture reference in series was taken from the New King James Bible Version provided by Bible Gateway.  Image Creative Common License if not specified.  Image

Welcome,  Daily Favor Blog, Favored1, Daily Favor Teaching Blog, Fay Ann Daniels, Distractions, Goal Setting, Goals, Vision, Ask God, Solutions, Problem, VIsion and Goal Planner, Discernment, Pray, Laugh, Sing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit very much. If this article was a blessing and helpful please share it.