Friday, November 9, 2018

Limiting God’s Favor: Part 2


Getting into a rhythm for a new routine can be frustrating if you don’t keep the goal (vision) in front of your eyes and in your thoughts.  

Every time I set my mind to listening to a new teaching series or open a book something would try to prevent me from getting past the first few minutes.

Has that happened to you in pressing onward in our challenge for taking off the limits for God’s favor?  If so, don’t be discouraged, you are actually making progress, and satan knows this time you’re serious about living a life with God’s Daily Favor.  

With that said, let's continue learning about the things that limit the favor of God in our lives.

If you haven’t read the first steps, here’ s Limiting God’s Favor: Part 1

Step 3 – Ask lots of questions.

No Question is Stupid

One thing that I tried to instill in my students is that I didn’t care how stupid or silly they thought a question was, if it popped into their thinking ask me.  That’s the way you solve problems, by having options for answers.

When I first went into teaching, I was full of questions that really couldn’t be answered in a college class.  I learned that if you want to be something, surround yourself with people of the same mindset as yours and ask them everything about the field as possible.  Remember, they’re already there – you WANT to be, but aren’t.

That’s exactly what I did.  I treated every instructor as a reservoir of information. I was a sponge soaking up methods, styles and ideas that went in line with what I wanted.  I observed the best teachers, visited schools and sat in on classes on my days off to witness how the top people in their field went about teaching a particular subject.

Finding my way around dozens of districts led me to receiving favor from the right people in positions that God had reserved for me.  By His grace I was blessed with numerous awards locally and from the state, including the coveted teacher of the year. 

Did this mean I was better than anyone else? No, I just learned to ask questions that would fill in the blanks of where I wanted to be at that stage of my life.  As I learned I acted taking one step at a time.

Becoming A Sponge

One time a new teacher made the big mistake of asking me if I thought he was a “good” teacher.  Being friends in the field I felt I could be honest with him … that was my mistake.

Having many years of instruction (good and bad) under my belt in a soft authoritative voice I replied, “I think you’re going to be a great teacher one day.”

Well, that not only busted his bubble but it really made him angry, because in his mind he was already quite stellar in the classroom. I wasn’t trying to take away from his skills or talents, but was passing on some wisdom that I learned earlier in my career about studying.

“Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved,
a workman (tested by trial) who has no reason to be ashamed,
accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth.”
(2 Timothy 2:15 AMP)

He was moving toward that goal, but didn’t have all the tools he needed to get to his desired end – not at that time as a beginning teacher.  After Champ got over the initial shock, he went back to college, began asking questions and watched fellow co-workers go about the business of shaping young lives.

Let me share something ...  Asking questions wasn’t always easy, but not asking them meant not moving closer to the desires of my heart.  Those hard questions helped elevate me into the place where God had favor.  So, learn to swallow your pride and become a sponge.

It’s been many years since I made that statement to my long-time friend, and that “young” teacher is now “seasoned” and excels in his teaching area.  He became a “Sponge Bob” so-to-speak.

I am so pleased to share with you that Mr. C. received the honor of being named teacher of the year in a high school of over 1,500 students. Well done Champ!

Step 4 – Study and learn all about the things you need to do next.



When the desire to become a writer got stronger, I believed it was God’s will for my life to expand my teaching in a new area.  I educated myself and studied the field in depth to find out what I needed to know about other forms of teaching (as well as online).

Using the scriptures of Ecclesiastes 12:9-14 and 2 Timothy 2:15 as my guide, I am persuaded that it is the duty of a Christian to study so that we may be approved unto God and serve as an authority in our field.

“Keep this in mind: The Teacher was considered wise, and he taught
the people everything he knew. He listened carefully to many
proverbs, studying and classifying them. The Teacher sought
to find just the  right words to express truths clearly.

The words of the wise are like cattle prods—painful but helpful. 
Their collected sayings are like a nail-studded stick with which a shepherd drives the sheep.  But, my child, let me give you some further advice: Be careful, for writing books is endless, and much study wears you out.

That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.”
(Ecclesiastes 12:9-14 NLT)

I truly believe that you cannot teach with authority what you do not know, therefore, I researched an area and then practiced what I learned.  Sometimes it was a bust, but with perseverance I got better at my craft and grew in favor from God and man.

Has it worked?  Yes. Changing my mindset, I believed that if I did my part, God would do His and open doors of opportunity in places I couldn’t.   Granted I’m not where I want to be - yet, but praise God I am much farther ahead of that girl who wouldn’t go near a computer keyboard!

Baby Steps

The devil will always try putting distractions and obstacles in your way to prevent you from getting where you want to be in life.  Did you get that when I mentioned it in the opening paragraph ?  I said “try”, meaning you don’t have to give in to his attempts to sabotage your dreams!

You have to believe God has great things planned for you in order for it to happen.  Believe and act, even if it means you have to take baby steps at first. 

There is a young writer friend of mine that since he was in his early teens proclaimed bigger dreams in his life. By the time he was nineteen he already had several small books published and started an online training program.

How did he do it?  He watched, listened and proclaimed what he wanted to happen. 

 "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." (Proverbs 23:7a)

In his heart this “boy” was already a big-time expert, even though he wasn’t at that time.  He called what he saw in the spirit realm into the natural or physical realm by speaking it and taking the necessary steps to bring his dream into a reality. 

Can’t you see how this is what God expects us to do?  What is in your heart? 

“As it is written, (the Lord said) I have made you a father of many nations in the presence of Him whom he believed — God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did.” (Romans 4:17 NKJV)

Believe, speak and see with the eye of faith what it would look like to be living out your vision and dreams.  Imagine it in your mind. What you imagine will come to pass whether it is a good or bad thing.


This Week’s Challenge:
Becoming A Sponge

One of the wisest lessons I’ve learned in my inner journey to Jesus is that pride has no place in God’s best plans for our lives.  If I ever want to finish the race that was ordained for me by the Lord, I’ll need His favor and that can only happen if I follow the path He sets before me.  It's the same for you!

Learning to become a sponge for knowledge by asking questions even if others thought they were dumb was something I had to overcome quickly. Pride and fear of embarrassment limited what God wanted to do in my life. 

Without understanding knowledge means nothing.  Wisdom is the key to unlocking the understanding of knowledge so it can elevate you into position for favor.  

Wisdom comes from learning God's Word and His ways. It causes knowledge to become understanding, and when that happens favor will follow.

Since wisdom is an attribute of God's that we fall short of, He has given us permission to ask for it in making quality decisions that will lead us to His favor.  Asking in faith without doubting is primary to receiving.

“If any of you need wisdom, you should ask God, and it will be given
to you. God is generous and won’t correct you for asking.  But when
you ask for something, you must have faith and not doubt.”
 (James 1:5-6 CEV)

The Bible also tells us that wisdom is the principle or main thing we need before anything else.  I’d challenge you to go into your prayer closet and start asking God those questions you thought weren’t important enough to be answered.

In boldness become a sponge for knowledge and ask the questions you were afraid to ask.  Whether it is online, by phone or in person, open your mouth and be precise on what you want to know concerning ways to proceed in achieving your ultimate goal(s).

After that prepare yourself to learn.  Successful people are goal action minded and embrace learning so they can grow.  It isn’t something they think of as a chore, but a process for the journey.

Take the limits off of God’s favor by studying the things you need to do next in taking a step toward your dream, goal or vision.  God promises that you will be happy, blessed and favor the results of your efforts.

“Happy (blessed – favored, fortunate, enviable) is the man who finds skillful and godly Wisdom, and the man who gets understanding
 (drawing it forth from God’s Word and life’s experiences).”
(Proverbs 3:13 AMPC) 

 (Give Us) Wisdom – Twila Paris

If this article has encouraged or helped you please consider sharing it by using the social media icons provided at the end of this post.

Until next time, favor comes from having wisdom!

Ask Me for wisdom and favor will follow.
- Jesus Christ

What’s New This Week: Click on the link.


by: John Mason

*Unless noted, the names in articles are changed to protect the individual(s) privacy.

Favored1 on FacebookTwitterYou TubePinterest and Articles.  

Maybe you don’t know the Living God that I know but would like to have this kind of favor in your life also.  Click on the above tab “Tell Me About Jesus” for more information on becoming a child of the Savior.

Note: Emphasis may be given in some scriptures to show clarity or understanding and is not to take away from the inspirited Word of God.

When used, the words satan or devil are not capitalized deliberately, because we give him no place in our lives.

Disclaimer: Article information is not meant to be used as treatment for mental or physical issues but is geared toward spiritual awareness.

Content and Image Copyright from Favored1. Do not copy.  
Disclaimer Notes: Results may vary due to lack of belief.

Unless noted, scripture reference in series was taken from the New King James Bible Version provided by Bible Gateway.  Image credit:  Creative Common License if not specified.  Lady at Computer  Ask Questions  Be A Sponge for Knowledge Bible Study Notes  Let's Do This

News from Fay, Where Faith and Favor Meet, Limiting God’s Favor: Part 2, Twila Paris, Daily Favor Blog, Favored1, Favor, Growing in Favor, Wisdom, Why Study the Bible, Teaching Series, Weekly Challenge, Pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit very much. If this article was a blessing and helpful please share it.