Friday, June 7, 2024

Surrounded by His Favor Shield

For the past few months, we have been experiencing major storms, including tornadoes causing tremendous damage throughout the city.

On May 7th, 2024, the winds from a tornado brought down another set of trees in our back yard.  The thing is, we did not even know this had happened until the following morning when my husband went outside to feed the birds.

Going out to see the damage for myself, it only looked like a branch had broken, but that was not the case.  Apparently, one tree was uprooted and fell on the tree near it, resulting in both trees leaning but not quite touching the ground.

When I looked at it, the first thing that came to mind was, "How neat, it looks like a tree rainbow." ... then I followed it back to the roots!  The only thing that appeared to be holding these trees up was the huge trumpet vines that were growing around the base of the trees and along the fence.

As we walked around the area something more amazing caught our attention.  The tree limbs did not crush anything when it fell and they totally missed all the power lines.  As a matter of fact, all the branches "surrounded" our picnic table area where I potted up plants, and they wrapped around the closed umbrella but never touched it in any way!  How was that even possible?  I can tell you how, God kept His promise of protection over us, the house and property.

(Not a branch on the table, just the neighbor's cat!)

How many times have you been in danger and somehow you were spared?  I can remember so many times where angels had to have intervened in a situation or it would have been a disaster.  

There were other incidents where simple things like something falling from above just missed me by a hair!  Who can count the number of times when those things happened, not me!

Then I got to thinking, how many other times was I  in danger and never knew it?  Times where accidents happened and I had been in that intersection or area minutes before it took place.  Or times when people tried to cause harm but they could not ... that's when God surrounded us like a shield with His favor, protection and mercy.

"For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

As I was typing this, it was almost ready for posting when the electric went out three times due to a storm that rose suddenly.  Thank God everything was fine and we regained power. Friend, this is another prime example of the Lord's faithfulness to His Word.

The enemy does not want God's children to know that the promise of God's shield of favor is always present, and he will try to stop the message of faith from going forth.  It was no coincidence that I was teaching on Psalm 91 when we lost power, but God's hand of protection prevented the devil from stopping the message of hope from being spread abroad!  This powerful tool, the promise of protection with God's favor shield, is mightier than anything the devil tries to throw your way, so use it by speaking it daily into and over your life.

It is easy to give in to fear over what could or might be, but when you know God is literally watching over your life, you can live in confidence instead of fear.  The Lord's shield of favor is surrounding you in every situation, so quit worrying and begin living the life God has planned for you.

God's faithful promises are your armor and protection, speaking these over your life should be a vital part of every believer's morning and evening routine.

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High (God) will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  This I declare about the Lord:  He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him." (taken from Psalm 91:1-2 NLT)

Make this declaration a part of your daily confession like we do in our family.

"Thank You Lord that I abide in the shadow of the Almighty, and that You continually surround me (my family, my business, etc.) like a shield with favor, mercy and protection."

Until next time, Favored Blessings


"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him.  For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease, He will cover you with His feathers.  He will shelter you with His wings.  His faithful promises are your armor and protection." (Psalm 91:1-3 NLT)

Scriptures of promises to declare God's Daily Favor: 
Psalm 91, Psalm 5:12

*For those who trust in Jesus Christ, God gives the promise of life here but also the gift of eternal life (in Heaven; a Kingdom that cannot be shaken) as an inheritance of being His child.  If you would like to have this gift also, click here to learn more. 

Disclaimer: Article information is not meant to be used as treatment for mental or physical issues, but geared toward spiritual awareness. 

Fay aka Favored1 on TwitterYou TubePinterest and Articles.  

Maybe you don’t know the Living God that I know, but would like to have this kind of favor in your life also.  Click on the above tab “Tell Me About Jesus” for more information on becoming a child of the Savior. 

Content and Image Copyright from Fay Ann Daniels/Favored1. Do not copy.  

Disclaimer Notes: Results may vary due to lack of belief.

Unless noted, scripture reference in series was taken from the New King James Bible Version provided by Bible Gateway.  Image Creative Common License if not specified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit very much. If this article was a blessing and helpful please share it.